Monday, March 30, 2009

Time

I sometimes think I must have multiple personalities. How else can I explain how I lose time?

I feel like I take a lot longer than any normal person to ever get anything done. I think part of my problem is I am sooooo easily distracted and then I forget what my original goal was. I can literally spend an entire day and be completely busy and content and then realize I accomplished absolutely nothing that I originally intended to do.

Is that a bad thing or is it normal to be a complete underachiever? Maybe the people that get everything done on their to do list and then look around for something else to do are really the abnormal ones. God I hope so!

Don't get me wrong I'm not a complete loser. I do manage to hold a job and get quite a lot of work done there. I think its just when I'm left to my own supervision that I am a slacker. I feel as the surpervisor of my own home I should delegate most of the crap that needs to get done or maybe it doesn't really need to get done......ever.

I think that maybe it is a family trait that I have. I don't know which side of the family that it comes from, both of my parents were fairly hard workers and my mom can never ever ever sit still...(really she drives me crazy sometimes). I know that it must be hereditary or else why else would my brothers have this same affliction and why would my sons have it? My daughter I think is on the same path as my mom. She is always way busier and gets a lot more accomplished than me.

My ultimate goal in life is to be comfortable in my slacker skin but I can't. I still get embarrassed if someone stops by and the house is wrecked.

Somewhere there is a happy place where people don't feel guilt for being who they really are and people don't judge you for how productive you are, how clean or messy your house is and how much you accomplish in a day's time. I need to look for that place but for now I just don't have the time! : )

I'd rather be reading a book!

Boggs

No comments:

Post a Comment